Monday, May 23, 2005

Two Hot Chicks


DSCN3604
Originally uploaded by jonimcgary.
I tried to take a photo of the exquisite (if I do modestly say so myself) Tarte Tatin I made for dessert tonight, but I didn't think that the shots I took did it justice. So, I uploaded this instead. I am taking pictures of my cookie jar collection so I had this at the ready. Ah, lucky readers!

These jars were made by American Bisque in the 1950s. My mom actually bought the one on the right shortly after she was married and handed it down to me when I got my first apartment. In my new kitchen, I have room for about twenty jars so I am busy collecting them on ebay. So far, I have eleven. Not all chicks, of course.

Am I fascinating or what? At my readers' request, I will post additional photos of my fine collection.

Chris went back to work today and I am relieved and happy to report that it went just fine. He said that his brain still functioned and that aside from a brief visual migraine, he did well. He is a little tired, but nothing too serious. I didn't realize how nervous I was about him returning to work until the first day was over. This has been a big couple of months. It brings the issue of life/death very close. I find that I think about it a lot. Not in a morbid way, really. Mostly in a wondering way. What are we all doing here? Why does everyone keep coming? Hasn't someone tipped them off about what a rough place Earth is for most people? Guess not. Or, maybe it is worse somewhere else. Geez, I hope not.

I am off to bed to read LIVING TIME & THE INTEGRATION OF THE LIFE. It is a book about time as the fourth dimension and about how we have pretty limited consciousness about the world. It sounds a little far-out but the author approaches the subject in a scientific way so I can make sense of it. I balance that book with the series of Janet Evanovich novels. I have read seven so far and LOVE them. They are great trash reads...I laugh out loud when I read them.

Nothing exciting to report. I am going to Herkimer next week to visit my folks and gain fifty pounds. Sound like fun? You bet!

No comments: