Friday, June 10, 2005

Invited into the Cockpit!


jackpilot
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
I am too tired tonight to provide a full report from our roadtrip. I couldn't resist posting this photo, however. I was shocked that the pilots invited Jack into the cockpit when we boarded the plane. I guess the blond hair and blue eyes tipped them off that his name wasn't Ahmed.

Jack was, for the most part, a great traveller. I was not so bad myself either. There were a few mishaps, but nothing serious and nobody called child protective services on me. More on that later...hehee.

On this trip I saw my oldest and dearest friends - all from my childhood We reconnected like no time had passed. Rich in the truest sense of the word. I am so lucky to still be close to people I have known even as long as elementary school. Herkimer, while completely decayed now, was an idyllic place to grow up. Maybe it was the time. Who knows. Jack probably won't have the same rich experience.

Well, off to bed. I am beat. Will write a full report tomorrow. I know you can't wait.

No comments: