Monday, October 31, 2005

Horror Stories


Horror Stories
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
If one more person shares their peanut allergy horror story with me in front of Jack, I might have to knock them unconscious. Jesus! What is WRONG with people? It's bad enough that you have to go through the whole peanut thing with anyone serving food...are their nuts in there? Could you please use a clean ice cream scoop...etc...etc. Most people are very accomodating but immediately after they serve you they feel have to deepen the bond they imagine they are forming with you by sharing with you IN FRONT OF YOUR POOR KID a horror story of someone they knew or someone someone they knew knew...and how that someone ate peanuts unknowingly and either got really sick, or had a severe reaction and had to be taken to the hospital. At least we haven't had to suffer through the retelling of someone's fatally bad outcome after peanut consumption.
While these well meaning idiots are going on and on, I try to interrupt them without being rude or causing undue tension on the part of my kid. It is simply a maddening pain in the ass.

There, I got it off my chest. I think that it is especially right on the surface today because it is Halloween and I will have to tell Jack that he can't have about 80 percent of his candy because they contain peanuts. That is a drag. It could be TONS worse and most days it isn't that much of an issue. It is just that I can't stand these horror stories and I just hate Halloween to begin with.

OOH. I am in a sad bad mood. Sorry. I won't write again until I feel a bit better.

1 comment:

Princess said...

These are the same freaks who think they can invade the personal space & touch any pregnant woman's stomach as well. I'm sorry to hear sweet little jack can't eat peanuts. It must be a real bummer for the poor guy to have to get rid of so many sweet treats. :( I can sympathize now that I have to cut out most of my sweets as well. Plus I'm way to big for trick or treating. At least that's what the neighbors kept saying. lol Hopefully that made ya smile, and you'll be feeling better and back with us very soon. ::hugs::