Sunday, October 16, 2005

Tired and a bit Dull

Just put Jack to bed. Chris is working until eleven. It is only seven thirty and I think that I could actually get into bed and go to sleep right about now. I am just pooped. My writing group meets tomorrow and I should put something together for that but I cannot think of anything interesting to write. And even if I could, I am not sure I would have the energy to write it.

It has been a pretty nice weekend, considering that Chris worked both Fri and Sat nights. I got a sitter on Friday night and I went to a cocktail party thrown to celebrate the opening of the new Bloomington Women's Writing Center. Several women who are in my writing group are on the board. It was a really wonderful party, mostly women, probably about seventy-five people. There was such a diversity of women...the kind of women I like to be around. Creative, open minded, smart. Women of all ages, dressed in many different ways, from different backgrounds. I am so glad to be getting to know some of them.

On Saturday, I went for a good bike ride. Contrary to what you might think, it is not flat here. South central and southern Indiana have rolling hills and it is quite lovely. The autumn colors are coming out. The sky was blue and the air was crisp yesterday. It was perfect for riding and I felt so mighty! I just LOVE this bike. It may be one of the best birthday presents I have ever gotten. I have to admit that I might even buy one of those silly bike jerseys now that I am into it. If I do, I promise I will post a photo on the blog so you can all have a chuckle.

I had made a couple cooking committments this week so I made a huge batch of my (if I must say so) quite delicious chicken pot-pies today. It took kind of a long time so I didn't feel like cooking dinner. I fed Jack mac and cheese from a box. Might I go to hell for that? Geez, hope not.

Well, I can't continue anymore. I do wish I had something more witty to say. Just about the only witty thing I experienced today was reading one of the Captain Underpants books to Jack earlier. Hilarious books. I think that I like them just as much as Jack does. I don't know what that says about me but I am okay with whatever it is.

1 comment:

Princess said...

I don't think you're going to hell for giving a kid one of their favorite foods!! :) And not everday is an exciting day, but the most important thing is to 'keep writing' as you once told me. ;) Be careful what you wish for (more exciting events to write about) as it may be granted. lol

Pink Sparkly Princess