Saturday, October 08, 2005

Wonderful Day and Voyeur?


images-1
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
Wonderful Day

I know that I have raved about the Bloomington Farmers' Market before in this blog, but I can't help but do it again. Every single time I go to the market (almost every Saturday from June through October) I want to celebrate it again. It is such an incredible place. Everyone is so happy and nice. The food is beautiful and organic and abundant and seasonal. I could go on and on. Oh, right, I just did. Every fourth week they have a craft section where local artists sell their stuff. There is always live music that is good. In short and in long, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the market.

Today, we bought some artisan cheeses from a local goat cheese maker and a pound of just perfect shitaake mushrooms. We also got some fresh arugula, peacock feathers, fresh bread, local honey, brocolli and baby turnips. I was inspired to cook so I made some fresh organic whole wheat pasta from scratch, rolled it into paper thin sheets and made it into canneloni. For the filling, I sauteed the shitaakes and added some garlic, parsley and dry marsala wine. Then I combined that with some fresh ricotta cheese and parmesan. I made a second filling from sauteed arugula and ricotta. It was a pleasure to make it and even better to eat it.

Kate is home this weekend so it was nice to have a special dinner.

BRAGGART SECTION (please skip this paragraph if parental bragging turns you off)

It is wonderful to have Kate home for the weekend. I am so glad that we are in driving distance of St. Louis and get to spend time with her. She is a senior this year. Next year she might move to NY to be with her boyfriend and go to law school OR (our hope) she might stay at Wash U where they are practically begging her to stay on either for biomedical engineering graduate school or law school. Kate has grown into an accomplished, mature, thoughful, intelligent, fun and last but not at all least, beautiful young woman. I adore her. I hope she will stay in the midwest but whatever she does, I know she will be great.

BRAGGART SECTION OVER

Voyeur? (Or is it Voyeuse?)

So, I have been reading this random blog that I stumbled across one day while paging through blogs on this site. It is written by a woman who is in a relationship with a terminally ill man. That in itself is interesting but what makes this unique to me is that she is a "submissive" to this guy, whom she calls her master or Daddy. They are married, actually. The submissive/dominant thing is a 24/7 thing, not just sexual. They have a "contract" and they are completely committed to each other. Her writing is intelligent; she is obviously smart. The lifestyle she has is so completely foreign to me that I have really found it interesting to read about. In addition, she works "in the sex trade" and has many "clients". To be sure, there is some very sexually explicit content on the blog, but most of it, I would say 80-90 percent of it is not at all about sex. It is about a real life lived in a completely different lifestyle from my own. I find it so interesting. I don't know what that says about me, but there it is. I know that some of you reading this will tell me to get a life of my own. But, I have a life of my own. A really great one. It just happens to include a curious nature about other lives. This blog gives me a little window into what I find a little completely different to my life. Voyeurism is what some people would call it. Pretty good reading and food for thought is what I call it. Besides, I barely watch any TV. So there.

Well, I am off to sleep. Everyone else in the house is sawing logs, I may as well join them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Joni,
I think it is silly to hide behind the facade of "another blogger", and Chris isn't terminally ill, he is going to be just fine. As for that daughter of yours. WOW. just WOW. I could read about her all day. You should probably bake her cookies and maybe randomly buy he clothes..maybe from the Jcrew catalog..I bet that would make her stay in the midwest. But what do I know? I am just a random anonymous person in a computer lab. Your writing is a highlight in my day.

Princess said...

I decided to read a few other posts on my first visit to your blog. I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the lovely things you've said about me. I'm just speechless really. The support you wrote also really helped as well during a rough time, but things are starting to slowly look up. :) Thank you again for such wonderful compliments!! It's good to know that it interests or entertains somebody out there. teehee Where is bloomington at exactly btw? lol

Anonymous, I can assure you that this blog and mine are written by different people. We have a totally different writing style to each other. And I can also assure you that my Daddy IS terminally ill, and the chances of Him being just fine are about 5% according to the Surgeon Daddy had back in April. We see the oncologist tomorrow morning, so I'll know more than what he thinks the situation is. And I love Jcrew too. ::happy sighs::

pink sparkly princes