Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Night in the Basement


twister
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
And here I thought twister season was over. Last night at about three AM I woke up to a thunderstorm. Before we got struck, I actually enjoyed them. They can be quite spectacular out here in the heartland. But now, they are a little ruined for me. At least until we get some lightning rods installed.

Anyway, soon after the thunderstorm woke me up, the town tornado siren went off. We dutifully got Jack and all went to the basement, where we remained, for an hour or so, until we figured out from the television where the fronts were exactly. Then, we had a midnight snack and went back to bed at 5:30. I am too tired to write much more and certainly too tired to, well, you know.

I hate the thought of adding more square footage to this house, but if we decide to remain here vs. selling this and building smaller, we are going to have to have some part of the basement finished, for these special occasions.

Well, I must go and try to figure out what on earth I am going to read tomorrow night at the read-around.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

Princess said...

Hmmm, a finished absement could incude something like sleeper sofas or some such? When the storm hits, just grab your fav pillow and blankie, pull them out and go right back to sleep. :-D

Princess said...

You've been gone awhile, I hope all is well. ::hugs::