Saturday, December 31, 2005

Crocs for Everyone! & Misc. Other Musings


Crocs for Everyone!
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
Happy New Year to all of my loyal readers! It is 6:28 Eastern Standard Time- it is always EST here...Indiana for whatever reason will not go on Central Time (where it belongs) and NEVER falls back or springs forward. It's a wacky place, this Hoosier State.

As I write, Chris and Jack are having their dinners in the living room while they are watching the IU/Ball State game on TV. I am happily sequestered in my bright red office eating my dinner, sipping on a martini and blogging in peace. I spent the day with Jack and even though I adore him, I am delighted to have a bit of a break. Chris had to work all day and has to work all day tomorrow. It stinks but what can you do?

So, what's with the picture, you ask? "Crocs for Everyone!" was our Christmas theme this year. And, in keeping with our theme, we gave Crocs for Christmas gifts to (almost) everyone...our parents, our kids, ourselves, my niece and nephews, our son-in-law, kate's boyfriend, Jack's piano teacher, Jack's preschool teachers, babysitters...you name it. I even got 15% off because I bought so many pairs.

Why? Well, because I love my Crocs. I read a rave review of Crocs in my friend Val's blog and I mistakenly dismissed these fine shoes as being way too trendy for yours truly. Then, one day, for some reason I cannot recall, I decided that they were JUST THE THING! I bought myself a pair of butter colored ones (see photo) and started wearing them all the time in the house. I was hooked immediately! (Val..you were right!) They are so comfortable and lightweight. I think that the people on the receiving end of our little Croc gifts might have been a bit baffled...after all, shoes like this are a bit strange to receive, I guess...but I hope they give them a try. They make great gardening clogs if nothing else. You can just hose them off when they get dirty.

There. That's the end of my CROC commericial.

NORTHEAST GIRL

I realized today that no matter how much I try, I can be no other than the absolute Northeastern Yankee that I am. As much as I love Bloomington, I must admit that I miss the East Coast, especially the Northeast. This is nothing new, I know.

For some reason, it just hit me today that I probably won't be living in my beloved Northeast anytime soon...maybe never. And, while I do accept that fact, it does makes me a little sad. I miss my friends In CT and I miss Chris's old partners and their spouses whom I also count among my friends. I miss being able to get in my car and drive a few hours and see childhood friends and my family. But, what can you do? We moved for a lot of very very good reasons and they remain good reasons. I guess that at the holidays I feel it most. We had to drive about twelve hours (one way!) to visit Chris's family for the holidays and my family is the same distance away in a different direction. Flying takes almost as long because Indy is an hour away and you can't get direct flights to upstate NY (my family) or Williamsburg (Chris's family). I know that these are tiny things compared to what could be wrong, but still, it is hard to be so far away from those you love and enjoy.

Okay, enough of that. On to other things.

I have had some write-in requests from new (but loyal none-the-less) readers. One reader whom I will not name in case she wishes to remain anonymous, asks whether I will be covering penis augmentation as a topic in the future. Further, and more interestingly I think, she asks whether there is such a thing as penis reduction. She also raises the compelling question: Do black people bleach their anuses?

Not to worry, loyal readers. Bloomingtongirl is on the beat and will report on these titilating topics toute-suite. (Is that how one spells that?)

Well, that is all for now. Our soaking tub faucet has recently been repaired (by our favorite plumber to whom we also gave CROCs) and I think that I will give it a try. Then, off to bed early. I have never been one for New Year's Eve revelling. The last time I was up to usher in the new year was for the millenium at a party in CT.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Princess said...

Okay, call me behind the times, but I'd never even heard of crocs til now. lol Now I'll have to look them up and see what the fuss is all about! ha ha ha