Thursday, December 29, 2005

Katie Lou Who


Cindy Lou Who?
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
Greetings from Williamsburg, VA. We are visiting Chris's parents for a few days.

We had planned to make the trip in one day but due to crummy weather in the West Virginia Hills (How majestic and how grand, as the anthem goes), we had to break it up and stop on the way in Charleston, West Virginia. Chris grew up there and he was delighted to make Jack and me carsick driving up and down and around some windy roads to show us the two homes of his childhood. Now, I am the first to make fun of West Virginia (What is a hundred yards long and has two teeth? An unemployment line in West Virginia.) But, I have to admit, I was a bit charmed by good old Charleston. The downtown area is well preserved and quite nice. There are some very nice residential areas to boot. Who knows, perhaps Chris will get a wild hair and move us all there next. Think of the material for the Christmas Card... Not having dental insurance would matter not at all. Oops...I jest again. Seriously, it was neat to see where my husband grew up and went to school. And more seriously, we have no intention to get any wild hairs anytime soon.

Though I hate the drive to get here, being here at my in-laws is completely relaxing. As I have mentioned before, I am one of the lucky minority with excellent in-laws.

Today I am going shopping - something we have just about none of in Bloomington. Williamsburg has great outlets and excellent sales right after the holidays. I do my annual stocking up while here. My heart isn't in it like it was last year because Katie is not here to inspire me. Katie was here with us last year and we shopped together. Her birthday is coming up and this may be just the time to get her a little something for it...

Well, that is enough of this newsy and not at all edgy or interesting post. We drive back tomorrow (eleven plus agonizing hours but who's counting). Chris has to work the weekend which STINKS but what can you do?

Cheers to all. More from Bloomington.

1 comment:

Princess said...

I love the pic of katie!! Too cute! :)