Friday, January 20, 2006

Dinner with Friends


Dinner with Friends
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
Tonight we went out for dinner to a place we hadn't tried before downtown and had an EXCELLENT meal. Then we walked over to the Waldron Arts Center and saw the play, "Dinner with Friends". It was well written, well acted and right on about marriage, I think.

The play was written by Donald Margulies who teaches at Yale. It takes place in Connecticut. I felt as if I were at dinner with people who felt familiar. As a result, I am feeling a bit nostalgic for my old friends in Connecticut and for the rhythm of life there. I love Bloomington but the people here are different from those in the northeast. Not in a bad way. It is just different. I guess you can take the girl out of the northeast but you can't take the northeast out of the girl.

Anyway, it is time for bed and WAR AND PEACE. Believe me, it is much more interesting than SALT turned out to be. I never got past the second chapter of that one. It isn't a book I really wanted to read anyway. I just wanted to HAVE read it. You know what I mean? It is like that Stephen Hawking book that everyone wanted to have on their coffee table many years back. A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME. In good faith I started out to read it and in equally good faith, my eyes glazed over and I fell asleep. Several times. But, I kept it out for viewing anyway. How rediculous is that? I know I wasn't the only one.

1 comment:

crescent said...

i do know what you mean... though i did read hawkings' book when it came out and really enjoyed it! ;-)