Friday, February 03, 2006

Doing My Part to Fight Large Pores


Mask
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
Yep. Another exciting Friday night in Bloomington. As you can see from the stunning photograph, I am a woman with a sense of humor about her undeniable beauty. In case you are wondering, the green gunk on my face is Burt's Bees Something or Other French Green Clay Mask. I did my whole face last night and tonight I am attacking that pesky T-zone again. I don't know when my nose starting looking like the lunar surface, but I am doing whatever I can to combat it. Worry not.

When I do my whole face with this mask, it tightens up so much that just about all I can move are my lips. I imagine that this is what a new face lift feels like or what lots of Botox feels like. Weird. Count me out of that lunacy.

This mask smells really great to me but Chris says that it smells like bathroom cleaner. I guess tonight won't be a romantic evening...

Earlier, I actually had a martini and I am glad to report that I had no mental trauma and no Dr. Spoil Sport Guilt. It was just perfect. A light spritz of dry vermouth from my always at-the-ready atomizer in the fridge, four or five olives with a bit of juice to make it just a teensy bit dirty (don'tcha just love the way that sounds?) and a healthy splash of high quality vodka (tonight, Ketel One) from the freezer. A pretty martini glass completes the experience. Voila! I hope the mask reverses a few of the ten or so years that the dose of alcohol will put on my face in the morning.

In other news, Jack had a little piano recital today at his monthly group piano lesson. He was poised and played so nicely. I was sort of shocked. When he practices (not very willingly) for me, he plays in this weird passive aggressive half-assed way. I think he does this to piss me off. The teenage years just might be HELL with my little angel.

If you watch the IU/UConn game tomorrow, you should look for us. The game starts at noon. We have courtside seats tomorrow, just to the right of the UConn bench, in the second row. There is a chance that Kate will go in my place if she gets here early enough, but otherwise, I will be there. I plan to rinse the green stuff off of my face first...

2 comments:

Mark Peacock said...

You gotta get some better lighting around your PC. The cat was on my desk looking at the monitor -- he arched his back and started spitting when your picture popped up...

Anonymous said...

I saw chris on TV at the UCONN game with a young girl with some sort of skin problem. you should tell whoever that girl is to just wear a mask.