Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday Night


Photo 219
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
Chris and I are getting ready to go out tonight and the babysitter is about to arrive. Jack and I were taking some pictures and I thought I would share this one with you. I think my kid is so handsome. But, having said that, I realize that no parent would ever know if they had a homely kid. (except maybe my mom). I once said that to my father in law and he confidently declared that no kid of his was homely but if one was, he would know it. And then I said, Well, Chuck, one of your kids IS homely. He paused a moment and we all cracked up. (For the record, not one of the McGary kids is homely.)

Today Jack had a birthday party at the Y. It was perfect because I could drop him off and go swimming. The birthday boy was peanut allergic so it was a safe place for Jack, so I didn't have to worry. I swam a mile and a quarter and boy did I feel mighty. Then, I came home and ate about six of my delicious caramels for good measure. I have to get them out of this house.

We are going to one of our favorite restaurants in town - Samira. It is an Afghani place and the food is always superb. After, we are going to see "Boston Marriage", a play by David Mamet at the Waldron Arts Center. This town has such great stuff.

Gotta go paint the town. More later.

No comments: