Friday, March 03, 2006

Chirally Correct Skin Care


Chiral
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
A couple of weeks ago I went to get a facial at the Southern Indiana Dermatology Center. Basically, this place is a THRIVING dermatology practice (you can't get into see a doc for six months as a new patient) with a little skin care spa in the same building. After I filled out all the medical and insurance forms, I was ushered from the patient waiting room where I assume that people had genuine skin concerns to the spa where women like me go to seek the fountain of youth. While I was waiting for the esthitician, I browsed through the material on Botox, Restylene and Laser Treatments (just for research purposes, of course). Then, a little sign caught my eye which listed the different kinds of facials one could have. There was a variety but they all had one thing in common. Each type of facial was advertised as being done with "Chirally Correct" products.

I read the entire sign and could find no explanation of what Chirally Correct was and why a client should care about it. I knew what it meant from my chemistry courses and my stint in the pharma industry. But, I will betcha that at least 90% of women reading that information have no idea wha the hell it means. I hate that kind of bullshit marketing. But, on the other hand, it is instructive. The next time I am razzle-dazzled by some terms I don't understand promising to make me look younger, good money says it is similar bullshit marketing.

That's all. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

did you find out what Chirally Correct meant?

BloomingtonGirl said...

I already knew. But for those wondering, I'll put another post up on the topic.