Monday, March 06, 2006

Just a Girl Who Can Say No


DSCN4802
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
Don't you just love Jack's mask? He made it in his weekly art class at our local gem of an art center. It's an owl, in case you are wondering.

My little guy is down with the stomach flu today. I hate to see him sick but (sadly) it is the only time he is a cuddler and I just love that aspect of it.

A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from a former boss of mine, actually he was the president of a company I used to work for. He said that he had just taken a position as president/CEO of a similar company and wanted to discuss an opportunity with me. He called last Friday and essentially offered me a part-time job that is pretty much a perfect fit for me. It would be the Global Account manager covering a certain large pharma company headquartered in Indy. Long story short, there is a situation there that needs addressing and (excuse my boasting) what needs to be done is right up my alley. It is what I had been most successful at in my past career.

As flattered as I am and as tempting as it always is when someone wants to hire you, I am going to call him tomorrow and decline the offer. I am just not ready to make a commitment outside the home at this point. Jack is too young and I think that it would stress us all out. Maybe in a couple of years or so. Who knows? In any event, it is nice to know that someone would hire me out there.

Nothing else is new here. While Jack slept today, I read for an hour in my new chair with my new lamp and it was heaven. After I practice piano, that is where I am heading.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love Jack's shirt with his owl mask, and it makes me want to see him so much. I admire your restraint from getting back into the saddle. I really miss you and can't wait to see you!