Saturday, April 29, 2006

Good Looking Couple


Good Looking Couple
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
I know it is impossible for parents to be objective about their children's looks. I imagine even the poor elephant man's mother found him to be a beautiful child. But, even so, I am sure that you will agree that these two are just gorgeous, all subjectivity aside. (So that my readers won't worry that BloomingtonGirl's standards of decorum are slipping, I must mention that I have, of course, spoken to Megan about her unfortunate choice of a red bra under an otherwise lovely ensemble. And I am sure you will be relieved to know that I am sending her a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret for the purchase of more modest colored undergarments. Goodness knows we can't have her dressing like some teen mother. She is twenty-one after all.)

This photo was taken at a family wedding. Jack was debonair in his navy suit. A rather forward five-year-old girl later put the moves on him. He succumbed to such attention as men are wont to do and spent the reception being happily chased around by the charming girl in her party dress. It was very cute. I am hoping to get a photo of the young love birds from my father-in-law to post on this site. Stay tuned. Meg was happy to be able to introduce her new baby and husband to the extended family. Kate was not there, being unable to tear herself away from her last semester at her beloved Washington University. I can't blame her. The real world is starting to loom large for our little graduate so I suspect that she is hunkering down, hoping it might go away. She plans to move to Manhattan to live in sin with her boyfriend of four years. I really like this guy and hope that they marry. I would rather that they marry before they live together but I am very conservative in the matter of cohabitation before matrimony. I think that for young people (read people under forty, especially those who have never married) it is a VERY bad idea. It isn't of course because (gasp) they might be having what my mother would call relations, it is because shared real estate, owned or rented together, entangle a couple in ways that separate residences, even if one is not often used, do not. It surprises me again and again how old fashioned I am in these matters. However, Kate has a good head on her shoulders and I am sure that everything will work out just fine.

In other news, I did two days of pretend day trading of silver futures and I am pleased to report that I made $5100 pretend dollars. The first day I made only $100 but I got the hang of buying low and selling high on the second day and made a whopping five grand. I might study up on this stuff and really get into it. Stay tuned for that as well.

Well, I am off to do the glamourous work of the hausfrau. Grocery shopping...etc. Chris is working today. More later on this delightful channel.

No comments: