Saturday, June 10, 2006

Junk Food Stupor

I have been unable to write, loyal readers, for two reasons. First of all, my parents live in the dark ages with no internet connection and no computer. Second, I have been in an unhealthy food-induced stupor for my entire visit to Herkimer. After several days at my parent's house, I am now at the sane and wonderful home of my dear friends Cindy and David Staley, where there is (obviously) an internet connection, fresh fruits and vegetables in the kitchen and a selection of healthy foods and most importantly, good wine. They even have drinkable coffee! It's Nirvana after a steady diet of spaghetti and meatballs, bologna sandwiches, pizza and not a drop of potable alcohol. Sure, there was bud light in cans in my parents' fridge, but I wasn't fooled. I know that stuff ain't safe to drink.

I now have a gut that would rival a fifty year-old male who drinks a six pack every night while watching ESPN. I've adjusted my car seat so that the steering wheel doesn't rub against it. But, I should look at the bright side. I will fit in better in the third most obese state in the union when I return home to it.

More later from Hoosier Soil.

3 comments:

Dick said...

Look at the bright side, with that 50 year old, beer swilling, ESPN watching man gut, you won't be able to see those horrible knife scars anymore. :-)

BloomingtonGirl said...

my dearest dick,
my loyal readership will indeed begin to wonder about these knife scars. May I have your permission to explain them? Since the story may cast some dispersions on your reputation a bit, I wanted to check first. :-)

Dick said...

Permission granted. My reputation certainly doesn't need any more dispersions cast on it than it already has!