Sunday, July 09, 2006

My Little New Yorker


My little New Yorker
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
Here is Jack eating a NY slice at LaGuardia Airport last Sunday. We are getting to be quite the travellers. For years, I flew somewhere almost every week, usually more than one city per week. For the past couple of years, I have had little interest in leaving Bloomington. Now, all of the sudden, I have the bug again. I wanna keep hitting the road.

Behind the rebirth of my wanderlust is Jack becoming a companionable traveller rather than a whiny little burden of a kid on a trip. Last weekend, for instance, our trip was just perfect. We flew to NY and went into the city for dinner with Kate, her longtime boyfriend and his mom. We stayed overnight and I left the next morning for CT to attend (AN AMAZING) wedding. Jack and Kate went out to Shelter Island where her boyfriend's mom has a house. Jack had a great time, I had a great time...we met up again in the city on Sunday, took a cab to the airport and returned to Indiana.

We leave again on Wednesday for Williamsburg for a long weekend visit to Chris's parents and siblings. And I hope in August to get back east to have a longer visit in CT.

No comments: