Saturday, September 02, 2006

OCD (Obsessive Cleaning Disorder...continued)



Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
This is an artist's rendition of your BloomingtonGirl at work this past week. Today - a Saturday no less - I finished the library which I started yesterday. While dusting this my most favorite of rooms in the house, I rediscovered Endust, that wonder of all cleaning products. What a shine and such a light but fresh scent! I was virtually dancing around in my French Maid Outfit, singing the praises of that can of cleaning magic. Yes, loyal readers...I was a sight to behold, as you can see here in the picture.

After dusting and vacuuming and cleaning the baseboards, I organized the built-in cabinets in the library. Several games that Jack used to play with made their way out to my trunk and will soon grace the premises of our local good will. I love getting rid of things. Until the day or so afterward that is, when Jack misses the discarded objects for the first time in a year or two and won't stop asking where they are. Mothers out there know exactly what I am talking about.

Tomorrow, I tackle the master closet, which could sleep a family of five in a pinch and the master bath and bedroom. Then, on to the upstairs, which should take me most of next week. The playroom is full of stuff just begging to be given away and who am I to tell them no? I will, of course, keep my loyal readers posted on this project as I know that they draw great inspiration from my determined and humble work.

Besides cleaning today, I went to the Farmers Market with Chris and Jack this morning. I never cease to marvel at the size and quality of that market. We had a feast of fresh vegetables for lunch. After lunch, I met a friend of mine downtown for the 30th annual 4th Street Art Fair. Great stuff there and a nice atmosphere.

Chris, Jack and I played Monopoly in the late afternoon but the game came to a screeching halt when your BloomingtonGirl purchased the coveted Boardwalk. It sent Jack over the edge into a pit of despair. It was an impressive display of grief.

This evening, Chris and I went out to Restaurant Tallent for dinner to celebrate our 9th anniversary (coming up this week.) They were featuring their "Late Summer Menu" with all sorts of local ingredients. The fare was, as always, superb. I am starting to resemble a native Hoosier, however, so tomorrow I need to stop enjoying quite so much of summer's bounty. I don't mind living in the nation's ninth fattest state but I sure don't want to look as if I do.

Well, off to bed because my alarm (Jack) goes off at about 6:20 every morning and I am sure that tomorrow will be no exception.

No comments: