Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Brief & Boring Update

Happy Halloween, Loyal Readers! I have been blogging very little as of late and thought I would check in with a little update on my boring little life.

I have been writing quite a bit lately but not for the blog. I have been doing rewrites of my favorite pieces with a view toward submitting to them to a few magazines. I have little hope for their publication, but at some point, I have to try. Keep your fingers crossed for your BloomingtonGirl, anyway. Every little bit helps. (I hope that the Lucky Guy Bakery Brownies I plan to send in with my submissions will help, too.)

In other news, I worked out today and didn't hack up a lung, so I guess that the antibiotics have done their job. They certainly have done their job on my GI track, but that is a topic best not discussed in polite company. Overall, I am finally starting to feel like my old self again. Hooray!

In other other news, our house has not sold yet and I think that Chris and I have sort of given up on the idea. I had the painter come over this week to give an estimate for repainting the kitchen walls from their now staid off white to a "citrus-ey green" and for repainting the master bath. I've decided to begin to act as if we are going to stay in this house. Yeah, it is way too big for us. But, what can we do?

Well, I am off to start reading the longest novel ever written in the English language. We'll see how long that lasts.

No comments: