Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Night


Alamo
Originally uploaded by Bloomington Girl.
Greetings loyal readers! Your Bloomingtongirl has been much under the weather this week with something I can't identify. Sort of like an achy, ambition-robbing flu with chest congestion. The malady seemed to peak right around three this afternoon. I had a fever and I felt as if I would die - not really of course, but you know what I mean. I took some Motrin and I'll be darned if I am not almost cured! It was amazing, really. I went from having every joint in my body ache and having a huge, no HUGE, headache to feeling pretty well in about forty-five minutes! I am waiting to see whether I have truly turned the corner or just need to be taking lots of Motrin. This is fascinating, I know.

So, what is this photo, you wonder? It is a piece of Alamo Potter, which I collect. Sadly, I didn't bid enough for this particular piece on ebay and didn't "win" it, but I have many other similar pieces and even when we sell this house and I liquidate my entire cookie jar collection, I shall keep these pieces for our next abode. Speaking of selling the house, we have a showing tomorrow. I hate having them because you have to whirl around the house and make it look perfect and then you don't get an offer and it all feels like such a waste of time. But, if you don't show it, you can't sell it. I hope that this one is the one.

On Tuesday night, Chris and I went to see "The Birthday Party" by Harold Pinter, whose name I consistently mispronounce as Pintner. I just can't get it right for some reason. Anyway, it was another Bloomington gem...good theatre, good price and five minutes from home. It feels good to be getting back into the swing of doing those kinds of things around here again. It reminds me why I like this town so much. And that helps when I am getting bombarded by insulting stupid fliers from the Indiana State Republican party about critical election issues such as gay marriage and abortion. You already know my opinion about gay marriage and as far as a woman's right to choose...I think that the train has left the station ladies. The court is stacked and it doesn't matter what the views are in congress, so why even bring it up? I think that Roe v. Wade is in trouble. I am not happy about it, but I didn't vote for the asshole who set the judicial stage for it to happen. But, there I go again! I mustn't work up a head of steam so early in my illness recovery. A relapse would be ill advised.

In other news, well, there just isn't any to speak of. So, loyal readers, I won't.

Until next time, anyway.

No comments: