Thursday, November 02, 2006

Settled

We've had two house showings in the past three weeks. It is surprising because we fully expected that we would get no traffic after school started here. The housing market in Bloomington, as I have mentioned before, is very seasonal. In this price range especially, since there is a small group of potential buyers to begin with.

Over the past week, Chris and I have decided that we aren't even interested in selling the place, mostly because we are too lazy to move. And, I guess we have faced the fact that we are REALLY too lazy to build a house, which is what we had thought about doing in the first place. So, since it looks as if we'll be staying here, I decided to get a few things done to the house that I have been thinking of doing, like painting the kitchen, master bath and master bath built-in vanity. The vanity is cherry and sort of masculine and puts me in mind of a country & western bar. I don't know whether I should do a shot of tequilla or brush my teeth at night. Really, the style of the vanity's makes the room cry out for a dart board. (I suppose if it were placed strategically, it would obviate the need for magazines.) But, the vanity is a big piece, taking up an entire wall, and to remove or replace it would be way more money than is practical to spend. So, I thought we could have it professionally painted white and see if that made it look more bathroomy.

The painter came and gave his estimates and he can start in early December. The kitchen, currently white, will be painted green - sort of a startling citrus-ey green. Trust me on this one, loyal readers. It is going to be divine with the white cabinets and black counter tops. In other nesting news, I ordered a new bookshelf, which arrived today from Crate and Barrel. It matches one already in the living room. I rearranged the furniture in the room and realized I needed a second bookshelf to balance the room. I shall put it together tomorrow while I play Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman". I can't operate a power screwdriver without Helen singing that song in the background.

In other news, I have a few pictures I want to post to the blog but I switched over to a new version of the program here on Blogger and I can't figure out how to do it in that format yet. I will attempt to learn it over the weekend.

Well, that is all for now. Off to bed to read that huge novel. I got through a whopping four pages last night. I hope I live long enough to finish it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What novel? I haven't kept up with what you are reading. Right now I am reading The World is Flat. It is really scary but intriguing, you know, like an accident...I recommend it (so far).
Bye
FOK