Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Brief



Left top: Jack casts a Harry Potter inspired magic spell on the bird before roasting.

Left middle: Wow! A picture of the bird midway through the roasting shows that the spell is indeed working.

Left bottom: Happy guests enjoy delicious pies and wine. Left to right around the table: John Whikehart, Linda Whikehart, Jenny Nobel-Kuchera, my wonderful husband, Peter Nobel-Kuchera, Glee Nobel. Unfortunately, the picture does not show the beautiful and talented chef nor does it show how elegant the table was before the festivities began.)

The party was a success. I had that wonderful "I-gave-a-great-party" afterglow all day on Friday.

I would love to go on and on about it, but because I have been pretty much been solely in Jack's company Friday, Saturday and today (Chris had to work), I have little intelligence left to write anything else. Don't get me wrong, I love my kid. I'm just a little saturated with playing Harry Potter and Star Wars to be able to think like an adult. I know that my loyal readers will forgive their BloomingtonGirl if she signs off without writing more about the holiday. Tomorrow, Jack returns to school and I can resume my normal routine. So, stay tuned.


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Isn't your turkey upside down?

BloomingtonGirl said...

My observant friend Nancy asks if my turkey is upside down. The answer is yes and no. I roasted it breast down for the first hour at 425 then flipped it, reduced the heat and finished the bird at 325.