Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Things are Looking Up

This is Jack at his piano recital. I wanted to post the picture of him with two fancy little girls at his side, but I didn't want to do that without their moms' permission. So, here is Jack, solo. I can't believe how big he is getting.

Jack and I play simple duets on the piano now. It is much fun for me and somewhat of a chore for him, since he hates to practice. I actually enjoy practicing but don't make enough time to do it. At the recital, there were two kids, ages nine and eleven, who were far better players than I am. Nothing inspires me more to practice! It is refreshing when my old competitive side rears its ugly head. Yes, I always act as if I am not at all competitive, but I am. There, know you know.

I had the very best massage I have ever had in my life today. I made the appointment because, as reported right here in this very blog, I have had an aching back for several days now. I am happy to report that I feel SO much better after having the massage, that I almost cannot believe it. This massage therapist is also a practioner of Thai Massage, which is a stretching thing...sort of like having Yoga done to you. Stretching without the effort. Sign me up, man. But, I am going to wait a few weeks for my back to return completely to normal. For now, I am just happy to be able to stand up without looking like a ninety-year old.

In other news, I received one of the nicest compliments from a friend today. She had a bit of a set-back on a project she is doing and she said that she really needed a laugh so she went to my blog to find one. There have been many times I have devalued my writing because it isn't scholarly in content or in form. I do realize that I am not a really good writer, after all, but I do think from time to time that I have a good wit. It is nice to know that I can make people laugh. After all, what is more fun than that? Many things are as fun but nothing is more fun than a good laugh. I guess this blog has a purpose after all.

I feel happy about that.

1 comment:

Perk said...

Don't forget that your blog is also a good conversation starter. D.G. and I had a lengthy discussion about your "Betty" piece, as I knew we would.

We often have a good laugh about what we "might have said" had not considerations of good taste prevailed.