Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Bright Side

The bright side of having the stomach flu over Christmas is that you don't have to deal with that pesky holiday weight gain. The bright side of having the stomach flu over Christmas is that you don't have to make Christmas dinner, because if you have the stomach flu, chances are at least one other member of your family does and the rest are on their way to getting it, so, nobody wants to eat anything anyway. The bright side of having the stomach flu over Christmas is that you have an excuse for your Christmas Cards being dreadfully late.

There are no other bright sides that I can think of. I am still pretty tired from having the flu, so I am going to sign off now. More tomorrow after I have hydrated my brain cells a bit more.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Could y'all please get flu shots next year?? Duh?

Anonymous said...

The McGary family is building up their arsenal of antibodies the old fashioned way, and I respect that. I heard on NPR that two of the stronger-willed family members didn't even get sick! Although anonymous sources at the 911-emergency helpline reported that this flu rendered some ER regulars the "sickest [they] have ever been".

Anonymous said...

You poor things! I hope everyone is feeling better now.
(By the way, the flu shot wouldn't make a bit of difference, since it's for influenza, which I would personally rather have than this stomach bug. It was nasty!)