Saturday, December 30, 2006

More Boots!

Here they are, Loyal Readers...your BloomingtonGirl's newest boots! Aren't they boss? I flipped for them yesterday, didn't buy them and went back today and scooped them up. They were on sale, by the way. Call me a slave to fashion if you must. They are so cozy and comfy and fun to pet. It is like having a puppy right at your ankles. Chris laughed out loud when he saw them, but what does he know?

We went to an IU basketball game tonight. Every time we go, I always have this moment of "I can't believe we moved to Indiana and I actually care about being at a basketball game." We didn't get our own season tickets this year, but we still go to quite a few games. We are friends with a couple who have four seats and they often invite us and in addition, we share the tickets that Chris's group has. The group's tickets are in the second row, almost directly behind the opposing team's coach...an excellent and exciting place to watch a Big Ten Basketball game. The new coach (Sampson) is so much better than the last (Mike Davis). Of course, I missed the Bobby Knight era, which I am sure was very entertaining. He still is a divisive topic in this town. Folks take their basketball here very seriously.

In other news, Jack is feeling much better, though neither he nor I have our appetites fully back. For him, that isn't so good because the poor little guy is so skinny. For me, it isn't such a tragedy.

Well, I am going to sign off and read more Clarissa. I am on page 456! I believe I might finish it before my next birthday. Yahoo! Chris is reading, The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and appears to be enjoying it. At least he has laughed out loud a couple of times. Jack is having read to him Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. We are all enjoying that. It makes me wish that I had magical powers. I would conjure up all sorts of new boots and then I would make a spell for world peace and harmony.

1 comment:

Princess said...

It's good to know some things never change. lol Boots! lol My how I have missed reading your blog. :) Just letting you know I am finally back with a post to let all of you out there know what happened and why it's taken me so long to come back. ::Hugs::