Friday, December 15, 2006

Pom Tini

I began this post last night on my office computer but decided to finish it on my (very) old laptop in bed. The old laptop can't support the software that can support the blogger site so I couldn't finish it. And, today was such a whirlwind of activity, that I am just now sitting down to write at 9:40 PM.

First, the Pom Tini. I tried one on Friday night. I usually am strict about Martini's, drinking exclusively extra-dry, straight-up, vodka martinis with olives. They are strong, but you know what you are getting. They don't go down too easily (most of the time), so it is not so easy to get completely carried away. (I am not saying that I never have made the error of drinking too many of them, but you know what I mean.) A friend of mine wanted to try the Pom Tini and we had an occasion to celebrate (our kids graduated to Yellow Belts in Karate) so we made some. Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup very good vodka, chilled
1/4 cup triple sec (or if you want to get very fancy, Grand Marnier would probably be good)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup pomegranate juice

Shake in a shaker with ice, strain over some fresh pom berries into a festive glass. Drink up and remark how it tastes a bit like Hawaiian Punch, only better and Punchier. YUM.

Today was busy. Jack and I went to see the Cardinal Theatre Production of A Year with Frog and Toad and it was absolutely enchanting. I LOVED it. That group is so professional. I am not exaggerating when I say I felt like I was in NYC. If you live here and are so inclined, don't miss it. Great fun and well done.

This evening, Chris and I went out to dinner at Tallent, my favorite restaurant. We went with our next door neighbors. It was delicious and fun. And now, I am off to bed.

Tomorrow is Chris's birthday! I have to think up a cake for this important event.

More later.

No comments: