Wednesday, December 06, 2006

What I've Been Doing

Greetings Loyal Readers! I've been under the weather AND very busy this past week.

These pictures are of boxes I made for a good friend to use as a promotional item for his brilliant CD. My friend, Dylan Connor, is hoping to get a record company contract (or whatever one calls them in this age of CDs, not records.) he is going to send these packages along with his CD and his promotional literature to record companies. Am I a creative genius or what? I used the CD art to cover a paper mache box and then filled the box with Lucky Guy Bakery HoosierMama brownies. But, because I thought the name a bit too hackneyed for the big city record people, I changed it to Triple Chocolate Brownies.

There, I am done showing off my gorgeous creations. I really enjoy doing custom packages like these. It would be a fun business, perhaps, but it would never make any money.

In other news, I have had a raging ear infection for a week now. I am on my second course of horse pill anti-biotics and am completely sick of being deaf in my left ear. It makes one anti-social to have a hearing defect. I imagine that when I am a deaf old lady, I will be quite happy to ignore everyone and sip martinis in a corner. And, if I get really old, I shall take up smoking again. I don't miss smoking a bit, but I always thought that I would enjoy taking it up again in old age. Silly, I know.

I must go now and get stuff done. The Christmas Card looms large over me...the pressure is enormous. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, BloomingtonGirl...I think your premier, highly creative packaging idea is superb. A thought for your business...tag your brownie box with a line like "Get high on life with BGBrownies". Use psychadelic art. Offer them for sale at some outrageous price, like $50 or $100 per box. Some people will buy them just to verify what is, or is not, inside. Great idea, huh?
John B

BloomingtonGirl said...

JB,
You da man!
Wanna be my business manager?