Saturday, January 27, 2007

Afghani Food and Classical Guitar

Greetings Loyal Readers. I am cozily ensconced in bed, writing this on my spiffy new laptop that my husband so generously gave me for Christmas. (Have I mentioned lately that he is the finest man I know? I have been meaning to write an entire post about what a great guy he is, but I think it might embarrass him and be too smarmy. Anyway, back to this post...)

It's been a lovely Saturday. I got lots of organizing done (not many things make me happier) and then Chris and I went out to one of our favorite restaurants here (or anywhere for that matter), Samira. After that, we went to a classical guitar concert. It was a female duo and they were SO GOOD. They played as if they were one person...so precise were they. Very relaxing and less than ten minutes from home. Hooray for Bloomington!

In other news, I forgot to mention that I did indeed decide to take my writing class this semester and I am SO glad that I made that decision. The group of women is - as always - quite diverse and interesting. I am working on a different kind of project this semester - a more serious piece of work rather than my usual wry take on the funny aspects of life. I find this more difficult, but I am going to try to stick with it. If nothing else, perhaps it will build my character. One can always use more of that, right?

In other other news, I think that Clarissa may be one of the best books I have read. I am approaching the half way mark and even though I sort of know the poor girl is headed toward a tragic end, I am still in suspense and hoping that things take a different turn. I know it is unlikely that many of you will rush right out and get a copy of the book to read, but I do recommend it highly.

More tomorrow perhaps. Good night.

2 comments:

Princess said...

I got turned on to classical guitar several years ago. The skill it takes to play such a complex series of notes just amazed me, being so far removed from the basic strumming of what I perceived 'regular' guitar playing to be. Now, I'll have to go through my mp3 collection and listen to some of my favorites. :)

BloomingtonGirl said...

I should mention that we saw Duo Erato and that they have a home page (you can google them) and some CDs out. They were really talented.