Thursday, January 11, 2007

Lacto-Ovo Vegan, Hosiery Fashion Fun & Wrong Impressions

I can't believe it is Thursday already! My, how this week has flown.

I just posted a new recipe to my recipe blog for Tempeh Paprikash. I encourage all of you loyal readers with any sense of adventure at all to try this delectable dish. (ReallyGreatRecipes). I have decided that (this week, anyway), I am going to consider myself to be a Lacto-Ovo Vegan. I know that it is like a Meat Eating Vegetarian, but I simply like the ring of it.

This evening for dinner, I made Ethiopian Seitan (pronounced SAY-Tan, though I always get it wrong and call it Satan and I am not sure what that says about your BloomingtonGirl.) It was delicious. I am getting SUCH a kick of our making these new vegan/vegetarian dishes. AS one of my most favorite girlfriends here in Bloomington pointed out to me the other day, your BloomingtonGirl doesn't do anything by halves. So, here I am, plunging all the way into the Vegan recipe experience. Fun!Fun!Fun! (or perhaps Mania!Mania!Mania!)

You will be relieved to know that your BloomingtonGirl is not only working hard to make her tummy happy with delicious vegan treats, she is dressing up her legs as well. Below are photos of my two latest gam fashions. Is it a mid-life crisis or just plain fashion fun? I'll let you be the judge. I invite you to cast your vote in the comment section. (Val, don't trouble yourself with voting...I can confidently put you down for a mid-life crisis vote.) I wore the floral tights on the weekend and the blue tights under the fishnets today. The tights/fishnet combo made my little legs feel so very happy. And in this world of suffering and worry, happy legs can go a long way.
In other news, I finally took down the ornaments from the Christmas Tree and put away the other holiday decorations. It is as late as I can ever remember doing this. I was just lazy about it this year.

In other other news, I was introduced today to a person whom I have seen around over and over again - our kids are in the same karate class and we have a mutual friend. I had an expectation of how this person would be based on my observations of him at a distance. And, I must report that I was completely wrong! I suspected that I wouldn't like him but I could tell based on our brief interaction today that I would like him very much! (I already know his wife a little bit and like her.) I love when I am wrong about people in this way for two reasons. First, it opens up a whole new world I didn't think was available in the form of a new person to like AND it reminds me - yet again- that impressions can be very misleading. (On the other hand, being wrong in the reverse can be very unpleasant.) The take home lesson for me is to tread lightly and keep an open mind.

Clarissa beckons, loyal readers. I must away.

3 comments:

dick said...

No comment!!!

BloomingtonGirl said...

I guess that means I'll add another vote to the mid-life crisis category. ..

Princess said...

I like when someone proves me wrong as well! :)