Sunday, January 21, 2007

Nothing Much To Say...But That Never Stops Your BloomingtonGirl

This is a picture of my wonderful husband Chris and me in our kitchen a month or so back. I am wearing an apron given to me by my Conn. friend Michelle. It was my first full apron and now, I can't cook without one, because, Loyal Readers, I am just too messy. My clothes would surely be ruined if I cooked sans protection. I have an apron that says "ISIT5YET?" on the front and another with a picture of TinkerBell on it that says "Pastry Pixie". One of my favorites is a vintage ruffley type that always makes me feel dressed up while toiling away over the range.

And, speaking of cooking, I have been tearing it up lately! This Vegan kick has been amazingly delicious. I know that it is hard to imagine how Vegan meals could be anything but bland, but I am here to tell you that I am going to get fat on this stuff because it tastes so WONDERFUL! Tonight I made a Vegan Paella - if there is such a thing - that was out of this world. Friday night's delectable meal was Tempeh Bourguignonne. Tomorrow, I am making a lasagna with a mushroom/tofu filling that I whipped up yesterday. All I can say is YUM, loyal readers. Don't worry, though. We are far from being authentic Vegans or even Vegetarians. My wonderful husband (whose idea it was to go meatless) ordered a steak the other night when we went out. So there.

In other news, I have been flip-flopping about going back to my writing group this semester. The class begins tomorrow and I actually withdrew a couple of days ago. But, tonight, I was having second thoughts. I e-mailed the facilitator and told her that I was reconsidering my decision and asked if my space had been given to someone else. I can't stand people who do this and here I am...doing this very thing. What can I say? I am a pain in the ass sometimes.

In other other news, I think that we are rid of our pestilence, though Jack continues to scratch like a dog with fleas. According to the literature, itchiness can remain for a week or so after the mites have been killed, so I am going to give it a couple more days before I drag him to the pediatrician for a look. I've been worried that I had not been able to effectively clean all five million of Jack's Lego pieces and that they were reinfecting him. But, I was reassured tonight when I read that in Scabies transmission, "Fomites" are not of importance. I had to look up the word, but I am sure that my loyal readers know that a Fomite is any inanimate object or any substance capable of absorbing, retaining, and transporting contagious or infectious organisms (from germs to parasites) from one individual to another. It was a relief to be allowed to stop worrying about those damned Fomites! (PS...Isn't that a great word, Fomite? I can't wait to use it in conversation...)

But, the Fomite thing does beg the question...Where the hell did I get this pestilence in the first place??? It would be interesting to report that I contracted the pestilence from some sort of illicit person to person activity with a stranger, but there are two things that don't work with this story. First, I have had no illicit activity with any stranger in years, loyal readers, being the devoted and chaste wife that you know your BloomingtonGirl to be. Second, if I did have illicit activity, it would have had to have been with my left ankle. And, truth-be-told, Loyal Readers, I can't think of anything illicit I feel like doing with either of my ankles, as sexy as they happen to be.

Well, that is enough of my ramblings for tonight. My brain is obviously fried from spending most of the day managing a play date for three six-year olds.

I am now off to Clarissa, the pages of which contain the most dreadful scoundrel I have ever read about in any novel.

No comments: