Saturday, February 17, 2007

Me & Jack & My New Red Hat

Although you can't see it well, your BloomingtonGirl is sporting her new red (faux) rabbit fur trooper's hat. It is divine. I had intended to take a photograph of just me in my new chapeau sans my little side kick, but alas, he cannot stay away from any clicking camera. I don't blame him. If I were as gorgeous as he, I would want to see myself in pictures all the time, too.

It is a snowy Saturday afternoon and I have gotten precious little done today. My inclination is to curl up and read about poor Clarissa, but I think that I am going to go with Chris and Jack to see Justin Roberts, a singer/guitarist who is playing in town at 4PM. His concerts are for children but they seem pretty adult friendly as well. Not a Barney type. I do need to get out. I am a little house crazy.

This past week, I ran a bake sale at Jack's school that was supposed to be held on Wed, Thurs & Friday. Since we had a snow day on Wednesday, we will do the third day next Tuesday (no school on Monday). I don't have any bakers lined up because we made this decision late in the day on Friday, so I will be baking like crazy tomorrow and Monday. If anyone is hankering for any Lucky Guy stuff, I am sure that I can send a package your way. Just leave me a comment.

I am planning to make the famous HoosierMama brownies, Oatmeal Jacksons (oats, cranberries, white chocolate), Vanilla Sour Cream Pound Cakes, HoosierMama Hot Fudge Sauce, and perhaps some savory baked goods such as focaccia and cheddar chive scones. I hope that I don't weigh 400 pounds by the end of it all.

Off to see the concert. More later from the heartland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send your extra goodies to your East Bay friends in Williamsburg.