Saturday, February 03, 2007

Nothing Terribly Interesting Tonight

Greetings, Loyal Readers! This is a picture of yours truly taken on my little I-Sight Camera on my Mac Book. I put the setting on the "comic book" special effect. I like me as a comic.

Today was a delightful day. I made (amazing if I do say so myself) hot fudge sauce and brownies for a party we went to this evening and in the late afternoon, I had the opportunity to write in peace for over an hour because Jack was at a friend's house and Chris was at his own computer working earnestly on his Spanish. We might go to Puerto Rico for a vacation in March...I can't wait to see this Spanish in action.

I mentioned recently that my goal in 2007 was simply to live the shallow life and after doing just that for a time, I have decided that the shallow gig is worth pursuing. To allow myself to be as frivolous as I always really wanted to be is a great freedom. Tossing more worthy concerns to the wind, I have thrown myself into the purchase of funky new footwear, skirts and leg fashions, otherwise known as stockings. I don't know why I got so into this particular combination of fashionable goods, but I am finding it to be great fun. In fact, after I enter this post, I am going to go online and shop for a few more items.

In other somewhat startling news, I am actually going to (sort of) interview for a job on Tuesday. There is a local monthly magazine called "The Ryder" in Bloomington that is looking for an associate editor. The Ryder is a film series here in Bloomington that shows alternative films in several different venues around town. The Ryder Magazine is an arts/culture monthly that tells what is going on in Bloomington and has articles about the film/music/art scene. A friend of mine who writes for the magazine urged me to look into the job and because I think the world of that friend, I decided to pursue it. The job is very very part time and sort of open ended creatively, meaning that one could take on as much as one wanted to do with the publication. It will be interesting to see what comes of it. You can be sure that I will keep you posted on all that happens.

Well, my eyelids are getting heavy, either from sleepiness or the application of way too much eye cream. I want to get a few pages of Clarissa in before they shut completely, so I must sign off now.

Buenos Noches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the job. You are an excellent writer in content and style! Your favorite father-in-law.