Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hola


Hola Loyal Readers! Tonight's featured picture is of an unknown man close to me at poolside relaxing and reading his Sports Illustrated. I thought it was interesting that a man with this less than athletic bod would choose a sports magazine as his relaxing read. Upon further reflexion, though, my guess is that most of the readership of that magazine is built similarly to the man featured here. I hope that people don't think similar thoughts about your less than model figured BloomingtonGirl when she is reading her latest Vogue poolside.

Enough of that topic. More important to report is this: Your BloomingtonGirl has lost her fight against the overwhelming urge to completely relax and has surrendered herself to the embrace of this island resort and its luxuries. Pivotal to my ability as a naturally anxious person to relax has been my embrace of my new favorite cocktail, the Mojito. The Mojito, as many of my Readers may know, is a delightfully delicious and refreshing concoction made from fresh lime juice, club soda, sugar, rum and slightly ground fresh mint leaves. It is shaken and served over ice. The first is delicious and the second, sublime. I highly recommend this libation and I shall begin my quest to make the perfect Mojito when I return to the mainland. YUM!

I have never been particularly interested in going to Puerto Rico. Not averse, mind you, it just wasn’t on my list of places to go. But, I can see now, what the allure of the island is. It is relatively easy to get to and one does not have to go through the nusiance of customs. And, it has absolutely gorgeous scenery and genuinely nice people.

The Westin where we are staying is a bit large for our taste and has, in our pretty critical opinion, food that is below what should be the standard for such an expensive resort. Plus, it rubs me the wrong way when a place charges a fortune for a basic room and yet does not include something as basic as internet service. I refuse to pay for the convenience of access in my room so I blog to you from the lobby where access is free. We have the room for free and that makes it acceptable. I would be pretty disappointed if we had paid full freight for it. But, all that having been said, the place offers nice accomodations and a great couple of pools and a decent kids' camp. And, the weather has been perfect. So, in spite of the Westin's shortcomings, we are enjoying ourselves.

Well, I must go upstairs and pack for our little excursion tomorrow to a small island off the east coast of PR, which small island is said to have the loveliest beach in all Puerto Rico (some say the Carribean). Indeed, the pictures give me hope to believe it.

More later from Puerto Rico. (Forgive any spelling errors - for some reason my spell check doesn't work here and I am too tired to do it on my own.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"reflexion" "Indeed, the pictures give me hope to believe it."

Indeed, Samuel Richardson hath Clarissafied the fair lady....

Anonymous said...

Dad?

Katelyn said...

You are drinking mojitos!!!!! AHHHHH. STOP IT!!! I'll quit now, and fly down tomorrow. Of course we will have to extend the trip... Are mojitos included? I will be unemployed after all...