Thursday, March 15, 2007

JACK'S ON STEROIDS


IT FEELS APPROPRIATE TO WRITE THIS ENTRY IN SHOUTING CAPITAL LETTERS WITH NO PUNCTUATION BECAUSE IT REPRESENTS THE KIND OF DAY I HAVE HAD WITH MY LITTLE GUY JACK WAS GIVEN SOME STEROIDS YESTERDAY IN THE E.R. AND TOOK ANOTHER DOSE TODAY HIS LAST THANK GOODNESS AS A RESULT HE IS AS WOUND UP AS I HAVE EVER SEEN HIM IT AMAZES ME THAT HE WAS ABLE TO FALL ASLEEP TONIGHT HIS NORMAL MOTOR MOUTH HAS BEEN RAMPED UP A FEW NOTCHES AND HIS TYPICALLY HIGH ENTHUSIASM LEVEL IS THROUGH THE ROOF IT IS ACTUALLY RATHER CHARMING UNTIL SOMETHING DOESN'T GO HIS WAY THAT IS AND THEN I GET TO SEE THE EFFECT THAT STEROIDS HAVE ON HIS HOT-HEAD TEMPER OVERALL THOUGH IT HAS BEEN A FAR NICER DAY TODAY THAN YESTERDAY

Phew. No more shouting.

I am cozy in bed while Chris watches the IU game in the living room at a volume that suggests to me that he might be starting to go a bit deaf. So far IU is ahead and as long as that lasts, he will probably continue to watch it. I would get up and watch it too, but I have to finish writing to you and I need to read some Clarissa. I am almost finished with it and I want to see if my guess about the ending is correct. Of course, I won't give even a hint about the ending of the book in any of my posts, so as not to spoil it for my Loyal Readers, who surely have either already started Clarissa or will very soon, based on their BloomingtonGirl's good opinion of the novel.

In other news, I slaved in the kitchen today to make a Vegan Moussaka. It was quite good and I served it with a side dish of red chard sauteed with a garlic/sea salt/olive oil paste and topped with sliced Kalamata olives. It was really salty so I loved it and Chris didn't.

Time for Clarissa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky man. What a domestic scene. What a shit show.