Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday

Good evening, Loyal Readers. As you can see from this photo, your BloomingtonGirl has been busy in the kitchen today. This is a Multi-Grain Hearty Bread (or something like that) from the CookSmart cookbook, recommended to me years ago by my good friend, Amy. I had never baked anything out of it until today. And...SUCCESS!! If only I could provide a link to the smell of this freshly baked bread on this site. I am happy to report that it tastes as good as it looks.

For some reason, I am on a bread baking kick this week. Yesterday, I made whole wheat focaccia. I don't think it came out as it was supposed to and I suspect it is because it did not rise much on the second rising. But, it was really delicious. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I ate about half of it for lunch today. So much for self control.

In other news, Jack developed quite a little cold and two ear infections so he has been home from school yesterday and today. I am delighted to report that contrary to my expectations that I would be at my wits end after two straight weeks with him, I have had a great time with him. Tomorrow, though, he goes back to school and I go back to working out. It will be just in time, too, or I would have to buy a whole new fat wardrobe.

Oh! Look at the time. It is 10:29 and I must go to bed. Clarissa calls. I am almost finished and am eager to do so.

No comments: