Monday, April 02, 2007

Clean Screened-In Porch Joy

Loyal Readers, I write to you from our beautiful and spacious screened in porch - something I shall miss very much should we sell our house. I am sitting on a chair much like the one on the right in this photo. It is indeed the same style, but it differs in that it is a chair and a foot-rest rather than a single piece. I would have taken a photo of our furniture but it is too dark already for that and I am too lazy to get up. We have a set of this furniture that we purchased about eight years ago and it still looks brand new. It didn't look brand new earlier today, but your BloomingtonGirl got out her scrub-brush and her new favorite cleaning product (Mrs. Meyer's Lavender All Purpose Cleaner) and scrubbed away. Here is a picture of my beloved all purpose cleaner. For those pesky black stains that did not come out with my wonderful Mrs. Meyer's stuff, I used some toxic kind of Mildew Remover. Yes, I did feel guilty about ruining our environment with the stuff, but the results made me so happy, I let the guilt go immediately. Does that make me shallow? Perhaps. But my shallow self feels very deep joy about how clean my furniture is.

Now, who is Mrs. Meyers and why do I love her product? Thanks for asking ! I love any opportunity to discuss these gems of products and I don't even sell them. Here is a sketch of Mrs. Thelma Meyers. I am aware that she might not even exist and for all I know the company is really a front for Proctor and Gamble (remember Bartles & James? Just for the record, I knew that they were actors and not two old farmer guys scraping together a few nickels to start a wine cooler company. ) Mrs. Meyer's daughter started this company - or so the website claims - to honor her mother's good old fashioned virtues. I don't know what her virtues have to do with cleaning products, but I love these products SO much that I don't care if she started the company while on an acid trip. Anyway, the product line is fully shown on their website. If you like to clean and especially if you do not, you should go there right away, decide which scent (honeysuckle, lavender or geranium) most appeals to your good nature and order up some products. (or if you live in town, you can get them at BloomingFoods.) Yes, they are expensive. BUT, they work really well and they will make you really happy when you are using them. I sent Thelma's spring cleaning kit to my daughters along with a small assortment of her other products and they were delighted to get them. Meg reports that the carpet cleaner is amazing, by the way and Kate says the pet odor remover smells so good that she LOVES to use it. Testimonials from my very own family.

Well, it is completely dark now and time for bed. I will go to bed and dream of clean patio furniture. Or perhaps something a little more exciting than that like a flat stomach...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear Thelma Meyers is the second cousin twice-removed of Betty Crocker. Oh, and they say that Aunt Jemima cooked for her Uncle Ben in Charlotte, early in her career....