Monday, April 09, 2007

Jack Dances the Sailor's Hornpipe

A VERY brief post, Loyal Readers. Right before dinner, your BloomingtonGirl put on a CD compilation of classic fun Italian songs of the When the moon hits your eyes like a big pizza pie...that's amore...variety. I left the room for a bit and when I came back, there was Jack standing in the middle of the kitchen looking as if he had gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I asked what he had been doing and he reluctantly and shyly told me that he had been dancing the Sailor's Hornpipe.

The pictures at left show a picture of Pickles the Fire Cat, Jenny Linsky (in the red scarf) and another cat whose name escapes me, all dancing the Sailor's Hornpipe. It is from a series of books about Jenny Linsky and The Cat Club. Jack LOVES these books and had read about these cute little dancing cats and apparently had decided to do his own little Hornpipe.

After I assured him that he needn't be shy about dancing around his mom, the two of us joyfully danced around the kitchen, doing the Hornpipe and other improvisational dances. We were grinning from ear to ear and I can say without doubt that it was one of the most joyous moments of my life.

Later in the evening I took a wonderfully relaxing bath and here I am now, tucked into our cozy bed, checking in with my Loyal Readers.

More tomorrow on BloomingtonGirl's taming of her temper when confronted with a nasty parent in the parking lot of Jack's Karate class.

1 comment:

Profile Machine said...

hi joni! jack is a complete stranger to me I can't believe how old he is. I still remember a little baby with acne! I hope to you guys soon!
Love, Linds