Sunday, April 29, 2007

Whodathunkit?

Good Evening, Loyal Readers. The featured picture is of a "shrine" of yours truly. I am bringing it to my weekly writing group tomorrow. Each woman in the group has made one (it was an assignment) that represents herself. We will display them and write about them in the class tomorrow. The only restriction was that it shouldn't be too much larger than a 6X9 inch footprint. I cannot wait to see all of them.

I thought of all sorts of lofty ideas for mine but in the end, it became clear what to do. If you don't immediately get it, the message is that my family comes before me and that I am happy because of it. It isn't clear from the photo but I am standing behind the images of my kids and of my husband.

And, if you had asked me ten years ago what my path to happiness might be, I could never have guessed that it would be as a wife and mother.

Whodathunkit?

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Me would have thunk it!!!

That's why I told you to give him a chance and go on a second date!

I am SOOOO happy for you, Joni!!

Steph said...

Love the dress!