Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bowling Mania

Loyal Readers, this is a picture of what Wii bowling looks like. The player is the one in the middle and with the Wii remote you move like you are actually bowling. My in-laws, DD & Chuck, have been playing a few games a day during their visit. In fact, right at this very moment, Chris and his parents are bowling away, cheering and laughing. I am so happy that DD & Chuck like the Wii, especially since we (and Chris's siblings) gave them one for Mothers/Fathers Day.

You might wonder why I am not bowling right now. The fact is that I am a little tired and sort of pensive tonight so I chose to cozy up in our delicious Tempur-Pedic bed and write a bit about the day.

But, now that I am here, I can't think of anything interesting to write about.

Hmm.

Well, I cleaned the house from top to bottom today for a showing. The people stayed for 35 minutes and ate two cookies. Both might be good signs, though the last people ate five cookies and didn't make an offer. We have two more showings over the next week. I am hopeful (and hoping) that we will sell our house. I do have some reservations of course, but I know that it will be a good thing to get rid of all this property and have something less demanding for Chris to maintain. I would like to say that I would/could do the outside work but who would I be kidding ? I am not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination. Remember, I am girl who can kill ivy. I am not proud of it, but there it is.

So, keep in mind that you should never EVER give me a plant that requires maintenance of any kind, okay?

On that note, I am off to read a bit of Lucia in Trouble and also Dry by Augusten Burroughs. Dry is much better and far more believable than Running with Scissors. I am enjoying it. Lucia is, what can I say...it is fabulous. I shall miss her when I finish this one, the last of the Lucia books. But it is one of those books that you can read over and over from time to time and always enjoy them immensely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aren't arms and legs sort of important for effective bowling?

BloomingtonGirl said...

Apparently not in the world of Wii. The baseball players are also legless and armless. Only the player that represents you has appropriate limbs.