Monday, August 06, 2007

Hello Again


After almost a month (!), your BloomingtonGirl is back, Loyal Readers. I sit here, a glass of crisp, cold, dry French Rose at my side, and take up my blogging pen once again.

The house is quiet. Chris took Jack to his swim lesson, sparing me the discomfort of sitting poolside in this pea-soup humidity. My husband is the best. No doubt about it.

And speaking of the finest man I know, here he in the picture above with our little shaver, making untoward sounds using hands and armpits. Jack has perfected both the armpit and back of the knee fart sound techniques. I am comforted by the fact that my son can join the circus with this musical skill in the event that nothing else works out for him.

The stunning backdrop of the photo is Central Park and surrounds. This was taken on Father's Day when we were visiting Katie.

In other news, there is much other news. Nothing terribly Earth shattering, but still perhaps interesting to one who is interested in BloomingtonGirl and her exciting domesticity. I shall be writing more about this in later posts. But, alas, it is getting late. A couple hours elapsed since I began this post and right now. In between, Chris and I watched the overdone, poorly written, Hollywood big budget morality tale, Blood Diamond. I have to wonder why I sat through three hours of this over produced drivel when I knew years ago that I wasn't ever going to purchase another diamond anyway. Leonardo is always nice to look at, but I could have spent my time doing something more productive. Like making pickles, for instance or continuing to read Stumbling On Happiness, the great little book which Chris just picked up last week.

Speaking of which...I am off to bed to read that right now.

More soon from your BloomingtonGirl.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Welcome back - I've missed your blog!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Joni. I saw Blood Diamond on Monday, and actually liked it.... Missed you. Mary