Thursday, August 16, 2007

Katie Sends a Warning

Loyal Readers, my daughter Katie sent me this photo today with a note that said, "Be Careful, Jomama!"

Isn't it a riot? She's so funny, my Katie.

I took a break from canning today, Katie, so don't worry. But, if time allowed, I would have canned, believe you me.

My very best friend from childhood, Cindy Fenner (Staley now that she is married) is visiting this week. Please note that she is the only non family member that EVER comes to visit us here in the Heartland. And, please note that the only family that regularly comes to visit (other than our daughters) are my in-laws. But, I digress....

Anyway, Cindy and I are having our usual relaxed and wonderful time, swimming, doing our nails, drinking wine, shopping and eating.

We went to the Goodwill today where your BloomingtonGirl had never been other than to drop stuff off. Well, I am here to tell you that I picked up a few really BOSS items. Yep. For a mere 11 smackers, I got a fancy schmancy distressed denim jacket with some embroidery and beading, a very very hip and tiny lime green hand bag, an ultra hip black and white printed VERY polyester blouse that just ROCKS and a kid sized Lily Pulitzer skirt for a cute little girl that I know. Fun Fun Fun!!

In other news, Jack started first grade this week and is holding his own. First grade is a BIG step up from Kindergarten. I hope he is up to the challenge. But, if not, he does have that armpit farting talent...

Well, that's all for now, Loyals. I realize that I am short on wit tonight and so will do a little bit of reading and head for dreamland.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you discovered my favorite BOUTIQUE. MKP

Steph said...

Goodwill is an awesome place! I happened by there yesterday and found an awesome Express dress that I love - unworn - and in my size! ;-)

And that photo is so funny!

perk said...

Is Cindy still there? Hello and Love if she is...