Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Burger & Fries Anyone?

Good Afternoon, Loyal Ones. Seven years ago today, Jack was born. It seems like an entire lifetime ago. Besides reflecting on how completely different my life has become since becoming a mother, I have been baking. We are not having Jack's official birthday party today, but he has his two best friends over for a little pizza party followed by the "Happy Burgers" pictured here. Aren't they adorable? I would like to say that I thought up the design myself, but it came straight out of a book I borrowed from the library entitled Hello Cupcake. Jack is thrilled with them.

For Jack's official birthday party, I am going to make a spaghetti and meatball cupcake thing. It is chocolate cupcake "meatballs" on a mound of icing piped in the shape of "spaghetti". Red jelly serves as the sauce. It appeals to my taste not at all, but I am not the birthday boy, now am I?

This year, I made my own birthday cake because we had a series of little scheduling mishaps resulting in, well, me making my own cake. I made one that was fast and easy and wonderful. It also happens to be one of my husband's favorite. It is an Italian Yeast Raised Cake and you can find the recipe right here.

I hope you make that cake, Loyal Ones. You will thank me.

Well, I am off to clean up the kitchen and lament the fact that I ate a few too many cupcake middles that were left over from making the Happy Burgers.

1 comment:

Steph said...

You're a fun mom!