Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Finest Man I Know

Is, of course, my husband, Chris. Now, don't get your agates in an uproar, (as my mother used to day) Loyal Male Readers. Each of you is no doubt, just as fine. But none of you, or anyone else for that matter, is finer. It just isn't possible. My husband is just a great guy with a good and loving heart, complete integrity, a fine character and a wonderful sense of humor. He is also one of the smartest people I know and always does the right thing. And he is handsome, completely unassuming and modest. How can you beat that?

I can honestly say that I am one of the most happily married people I know and I believe that I can speak for my husband and say that he is as well. Every day, I say to my husband at least once, sometimes twice "Honey, thanks for everything and I'm sorry for everything." We laugh and agree that that just about covers everything and anything.

If I had to say what makes a marriage a happy one, I would say it is at least 33.3% dumb luck that you meet a good person and remain compatible over time, 33.3% not taking yourself too seriously and 33.3% of a million other little things that pile up over time. My husband might say it simply takes a thick skin and a short memory. That happens to also be his formula for a happy life, which when you think about it, is completely true.

In my case, being happily married is made easier by having so luckily chosen such a fine mate to spend my life with. I feel fortunate every day to be married to Chris. He agrees with me. This morning, he said, "Happy Tenth Anniversary, Honey. You are a very lucky girl."

3 comments:

Steph said...

Happy Anniversary to you! It's so nice to meet married people who like each other! :-) I feel very lucky in that department, too.

Lynn said...

And to think I am your husband's sister!! How lucky for me. Congratulations to you both!
xxoo

BloomingtonGirl said...

Lynn! What a delight to see that you are among the Loyal Readership. And yes, how lucky you are to have Chris as a brother. But luckier still is Chris to have you as a sister.