Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!

This cake has nothing to do with me, Loyal Readers, but I found it in my search for birthday cake images and I thought it was hilarious.















Perhaps a more appropriate cake for yours truly is the one below. Isn't it just darling?
















I am planning to do a nice long swim today while Jack is at a friend's house for a play date. After my swim and before Chris and I go out for dinner tonight, I am going to go shopping and pick up a nice little birthday gift for myself, wrap it and give it to my husband to present to me at dinner. I daresay that a more thoughtful wife has not lived.


Besides world peace, small pores and being a size four, here are some items that have been on my birthday gift wish list, but I don't think that I will be so extravagant as to purchase any of these (except perhaps the Lucchese Cowboy boots which I might order from Zappos today). Of course, I adore the red boots but in my current life, I just won't get enough wears per $$ to make them even a remotely good value. Just looking at them make me feel like a million bucks. They just rock.



In other news, Jack brought me breakfast in bed today for my special day. This was a completely unsupervised effort because Chris is working this weekend. I heard him rummaging around in the kitchen and finally, he appeared with a plate in hand. He said, "Mommy, I made you bread and butter, but I used the soft butter from the pantry and it didn't taste right. Do you still want it?" I quickly realized that the "soft butter" was a stick of butter flavored Crisco, so I declined the bread and butter combo. No worry, though, more was on the way. Next on the menu was a bowl of Crispix. Jack proudly brought in the bowl and said, "Mommy, I put cottage cheese on it instead of milk, because I thought the milk might spill." Clearly, Jack gets his culinary talent from his father.

More later on my birthday report. I am off to swim.

Oh, and by the way, in case you are wondering, I am 45.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cereal with Cottage cheese!? Yikes. Let him know that yogurt is a great non-spilly substitute instead of Cottage Cheese.
I hope your dinner was great. Doing anymore canning? Hope you had a great 45th birthday!!! Lets talk soon
FOK

Anonymous said...

BloomingtonGirl, Happy Birthday!! Welcome to 45, so thrilled to have you join me. We have a true bond!
Hope you had a perfect day. How can you top a day that started with cereal and cottage cheese? What a priceless story! Enjoy!
peace!

Anonymous said...

I am SO sorry I missed your birthday. . . again. Your neglectful friend from Westport.