Monday, October 29, 2007

So Long Pesky Trigger Finger

Good Evening Loyal Readers. Here is your BloomingtonGirl in her PJs holding up her right hand. This is my before picture. Before surgery, that is. Tomorrow, my dainty little paw is going under the knife -- worry not, I think that it is a small knife -- for the removal of a pesky over sized tendon-tumor-thing-a-ma-bob that is causing me to have a rather uncomfortable and rather pronounced case of Trigger Finger, also known as stenosing tenosynovitis.

I plan to lie around for the entire day after my twenty minute so-called minor surgery and read my latest book, The Omnivore's Dilemma, watch old Sex & The City episodes, and perhaps even doze off from time to time. In short, I plan to milk the forced non-use of my dominant hand for all that it is worth.

As soon as I am able to type again, I will report back on how well I did at doing nothing.

(PS...I finished Middlemarch and was sad to see it end. What a treasure!!)

No comments: