Monday, November 19, 2007

Art, Music & Beauty

Your BloomingtonGirl has found three new things to be completely excited about. The first is pictured at left. The photo does not at all do this amazing piece of art justice, but it will have to do for now. You are looking at a 4 foot square piece made entirely of 78 rpm records that have been (obviously) cut into squares. Brad Fugate created it. It is big and bold and looks - if I do say so myself - just amazingly great on our living room wall. I love it every time I walk by it and it makes me happy just to look at it.

Another new passion of mine is Amy Winehouse, a 23 year old Brit who is an incredibly talented vocalist and an incredibly tragic mess. Think Billie Holiday mixed with Janice Joplin and some Diana Ross thrown in. You Tube has lots of videos. Check her out. Her music inspires me to write a screenplay using it as the soundtrack. Of course, I probably never will do that, but it might get me to finish a short story I've been working on sporadically for the last two years. Who knows. Anyway, I am blown away at her talent and at how messed up someone can make his or her own life.

And my third new passion, though passion is actually a strong word for something so little, is Clinique's Perfectly Real Makeup Foundation. I got a sample of it when I ordered my (now former) favorite tinted moisturizer from Sephora and even though it did not seem to be my color, I tried it on. I became instantly beautiful and radiant. Tomorrow, I shall purchase a bottle of this magic lotion.

In other news, I have been busy making preparations for Thanksgiving Dinner. I am trying to get completely organized ahead of time and so far, so good. Jack is put out because the only other kids coming are girls, but I imagine he'll get over it and behave nicely. But if not, he just won't get any pie.

Bye for now.

No comments: