Friday, November 30, 2007

Hello Again

Greetings Loyal Readers-in-Waiting. I apologize to those of you who have been checking in only to see nothing new posted on my little blog. I have been absent for a couple of reasons. One is that I've been busy with many other very little things not worth mentioning here and the other reason is that instead of writing in the evening, I have been indulging in the review of the entire six seasons of Sex & The City. (I think that there are six seasons... I am on season two so far.)

Before I wax not-so-poetically about S&TC, a few words about the picture of your BloomingtonGirl at left. I have my new arm warmers on - they go all the way up to my elbows (under the shirt) and they are as cozy as cozy can be. I absolutely love them. I can type and operate the mouse on my laptop and my hands stay warm. Yummy. And, as you can see, I have cut my hair off once again and I have to say that I feel like myself again. I did try to grow my little locks out, with a view toward having a different, perhaps more feminine look. But, one day, even as the growing was going quite well, I woke up and decided that it just wasn't worth the effort I had to put in to actually blow-dry my hair. Granted, it took less than five minutes to perform this little beauty task, but it just felt like a complete waste of time for me. And besides, I just looked so GENERIC with my little soccer mom "do". So, I called my hairdresser and I got a sign from above. She had a rare cancellation the very next day. In I went and out I came - myself again. It is a complete freedom to have short hair and I enjoy it every day. That said, I must mention here that when I told a few people that I was getting my hair all cut off again, their reaction was "Aw!", in a tone of disappointment as if to imply that they were sad that I was going to make myself homely again in their eyes. I didn't say anything but I sure did notice. The best thing was, though, that I didn't care at all. It is nice to be 45 and not care quite so much. Perhaps by 50 I won't care at all. Won't that be freedom?

Well, I am off to bed to watch my once-a-day episode of S&TC and then to read a chapter of The Omnivore's Dilemma aloud to my husband. (One might say (correctly) that he is very spoiled, but I must add (also correctly) that he deserves it.) But, back to the book itself. I think that it should be required reading for anyone who eats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you blogging once more. Cozy-short hair-arm-warmers and all.. L.L.Bean fleece-lined jeans were worn today here for the first time since last year. The new emergency generator also got fired up. Sure signs that winter has come to midcoast ME...