Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Greetings

Happy New Year, Loyal Ones. As we head into the overcrowded gym season, I thought I would provide a link to a New Year's post I wrote a couple of years back when I was a much more prolific writer (for better or for worse).

A New Year's Idea


I have not yet ventured to the gym in 2008, but I shall do so tomorrow and on Friday. I fully expect it to be loaded with people who have not set foot inside a fitness facility of any sort for years. As your BloomingtonGirl tries - and nearly always succeeds - never to be mean or sneering in public, I shall not cast any nasty looks toward the newest gym members. But, in the interest of full disclosure to my Loyal Readers, I will admit that I will inwardly be very annoyed and judgmental, though less so than in previous years because of the ten pounds of semi-solid jiggly lard I have put on since moving to the Hoosier State.

Perhaps this is what a previously Loyal Reader meant when she said " I kept hoping that some Midwest charm would rub off on you and that you'd start showing a little compassion and heart over time".

I think that she was wrong in assuming that the Midwest charm did not rub off on me. It did indeed. It just went straight to my hips, thighs and behind.

No comments: