Tuesday, March 25, 2008

BloomingtonGirl Decorates

I promised you a picture of my wallpaper selection for my dining room and here it is at left. This is a paper that was designed in the 1940's by Josef Frank, whose stuff is currently having a big revival, which was probably started by Anthopologie using his fabric on some of their furniture pieces.  I am really crazy about his fabrics but they are, at $250 a yard, a bit rich for my tastes. I was originally planning to do my dining room seat covers in his stuff, but then I realized that if any of my guests ever spilled anything on them, I would never be able to speak to them again. I suppose I could throw all taste to the wind and get some clear plastic covers for the seats, but, I think that Frank would turn over in his grave.

I am planning to have the ceiling painted the same blue as the pond. I know it will be quite bold, but your BloomingtonGirl has never been afraid of boldness.  Here is another photo of what the paper looks like on a wall.  It isn't my wall, but you get the idea.  Come over for dinner when it is finished.  

2 comments:

Rachael said...

ooh, that's gorgeous! and will you do the whole room or will you have an accent wall?

gotta go say cheese for my son who's using a bin as a pretend camera...

Steph said...

wow - I really like that, too!