Wednesday, April 16, 2008

BloomingtonGirl Stays Home.

Hello Most Loyal Readers.  It is 6PM on Wednesday evening and I am sitting on the couch in our living room with my sleeping son, Jack.  Oh, darn, make that just awoken.

Now, it is ten minutes later and Jack is fast asleep again, after what I would usually call a night terror, except that it is still daylight.  He has these from time to time.  His eyes are open, he is talking, crying or screaming - mostly things that don't make sense and after about five minutes of this, he lies down and goes back to sleep.  This time, the most compelling statement he made was "I don't like to pretend that I am plastic!"  Poor kid.  He's been home today with a stomach flu thing and this is the second time he has dozed off.  While I hate that he is sick, I have to say that there is something so very peaceful about having your child nap on the couch in a quiet house.  I like sitting next to him, keeping watch.

I, myself, have had an increasingly upset stomach today and feel rather lousy.  I am missing my writing group's public reading tonight as a result.  I don't want to vomit during my or anyone other person's reading.  Nor do I want to spread whatever this thing is beyond our home if not necessary.  So, here I am, waiting for things to come up, if you will.  The only good thing about a stomach virus is weight loss and if I don't get some of that, I will feel absolutely ripped off.

Chris is out working in his giant garden.  The day is splendid and good for gardening.  Last night, he came up from our basement (where he is raising his little seedlings) and presented me with a three tiny arugula leaves.  Ah!  His first harvest.  It was a revelation in spice and pepper notes.  

In other news, I ordered my wallpaper today.  It will take 4-6 weeks to arrive, but I know it will be worth the wait.  I had the ceiling in the dining room painted the exact color of the pond in the paper and it looks stunning.  The light fixture  will be installed next week.  I am pretty excited.  I think that the room will look really neat.

In other other news,  there isn't much.  I hope to be back in the swing of things tomorrow with Jack in school and back to normal.  We'll see how that works out...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have you back BloomingtonGirl! Your kind words and smiling face are good for my soul! Get Better Soon! Peace :)