Thursday, June 05, 2008

Back to the Garden



Oh, Loyal Ones! What a bounty we are having at the McGary Plantation! Here are some pictures of our early harvests.

As you can see, we have had lettuces ( I love the word "lettuces"...it reminds me of Beatrix Potter), radishes, and sugar snap peas so far. Not pictured is the abundance of spinach we have had. I was too busy preparing dishes made with spinach to photograph it. Trust me. There was a lot.

I must draw my Loyal Readers' attention to the picture of the lettuces. Note how there is not one little insect bite. Not one. That, you see, is the purpose of the white gauzy material stretched across the hoops in the garden.

Jack and I went out and photographed the garden this evening. If you want to see some additional shots, click here.

In other news, there isn't much. Stay tuned, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It is said that the effect of eating too much lettuce is 'soporific.'"

BloomingtonGirl said...

Anonymous,
That passage always makes me smile. And indeed, eating too much lettuce did turn out to be soporific for the rabbits in question.
BG

Anonymous said...

WOW - I am so appreciative of your beautiful garden. The lettuces are indeed perfect. My paltry garden is only 23 x 25 but hopefully it will do well. I did have Chuck's magic touch to help me plant, so that should certainly go a LONG way! Great conversation with your wonderful husband tonight about the garden. What a great project!
xxoo
Lynn